Welcome to the guide to the Annecy Airport (NCY), the only web site about the Annecy Airport. The airport is known in French as Aéroport Annecy Haute-Savoie Mont Blanc or Aéroport d’Annecy for short. In English the airport is sometimes known as the Annecy Meythet Airport. Most important to know is that the airport code is NCY.
The Annecy Airport is located in the town of Metz-Tessy, just a little over miles from the centre of Annecy. The airport can be accessed from the A41 Autoroute using either exits 16 (Annecy Sud) or 17 (Annecy Nord).
Annecy Airport Fact Sheet
- Airport Code: NCY
- Distance to Annecy: 4.5 miles/7 kilometers
- Telephone: 04 50 27 30 06 Fax: 04 50 27 39 83
- Time to Annecy : 10 minutes by car
- Transport : Limousine service to the city centre
- Website : https://www.annecy.aeroport.fr/
Getting to Annecy Airport
The Annecy Airport is located in the town of Metz-Tessy a little over four miles northwest of the centre of Annecy. The Airport is very close to the A41 Autoroute. You can use either exits 16 (Annecy Sud) or 17 (Annecy Nord). Once you exit the Autoroute just follow the signs marked Aéroport.
If you are trying to get to the airport but not using the Autoroute, the best thing to do is head to the centre of Annecy and then once you see a sign for the airport follow it. The airport is well marked from the centre of Annecy.
There is public transportation through bus service from the airport to the centre of Annecy. The bus line is number 10 and it stops in front of the airport on main road that runs pass. There is also a taxi rank at the airport.
Please note that Annecy is next to a town named Annecy-le-vieux. They are not the same city but they border each other.
Facilities Annecy Airport
The Annecy Airport is a small regional airport with limited facilities. The airport has a single terminal with one level and a sectioned off waiting area for boarding passengers. This waiting area is only for ticketed passengers, as you need to pass through a security check to enter.
- There is a small baggage claim belt next to where arriving passengers enter the airport. The car hire desks are at this end of the airport.
- There is a restaurant/bar at the Annecy Airport. It is to the left when entering the airport from the car park. The toilets are also located at this end of the terminal.
- Also near the entrance is a courtesy phone to call a taxi should there not be one at the taxi rank.
- Air France has a ticking/check in desk at the airport; it is directly in front of the airport entrance.
- There are also vending machines at the airport but it would be advised not to use them as their prices are high.
Car Park Annecy Airport
The car park at the Annecy Airport is located directly in front of the airport. There is no cost to park at the airport.
Car Hire Annecy Airport
The Annecy Airport is served by car hire companies Alamo, Europcar, Avis, Hertz and Sixt (train station). The car hire desks are just next to the baggage claim and can’t be missed. Each has a drop off box for after hour returns. To hire a car at the Annecy Airport or to check price see Annecy Car Hire at Auto Europe.
It is also possible hire a car at the train station in Annecy should you be looking for another car hire location. Just use the above link and select either Rail Station or City as the dick up location. The address of the train station in Annecy is 3 Quater Avenue de Chevesnes.